At least one job must be selected in order to apply.
Sorry this job is not currently available.
Add to Saved Jobs
Server Administrator I
Pasadena Administrative Office
The Server Administrator I will be able to provide first-level software and hardware technical support required to perform daily administration, maintenance & support for Wescom’s server environment. Works with technologies primarily in the Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 environment. Understands the following IT technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, Sharepoint, IIS 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies, SQL, WSUS, web and email filtering systems, enterprise-level end point protection systems, backup management software, etc. Reports directly to the Server Administration and Help Desk Manager, from whom overall direction is received.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
· Participating in building, installing, and testing systems including application servers, file servers, database servers and web servers, etc
· Maintaining system documentation
· Performing system administration including OS installation and configuration
· Providing routine data back-up and recovery support
· Participating in system hardware migration and upgrades projects
· Supporting servers across the 2 data centers both Anaheim and Pasadena
· Act as an Escalation point for Server Software and Hardware Break/Fix. Engage with Hardware and Software vendors, WRG and application support teams to resolve issues
· Plan changes to servers to eliminate potential problems or resolve current problems
· Providing after-hours server support on a rotational basis
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assists with Help Desk daily support calls and requests as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Education and two plus years hands on server administration experience required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of fundamentals of network security
· Familiar with TCP/IP networking and general network troubleshooting skills
· Good written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
· Must be able to demonstrate a mature and experienced attitude toward administering the server environment; this includes a balance of departmental goals with customer service priorities.
· Must be able to plan and schedule tasks and projects efficiently.